This simple Scripture cuts to the core of our humanity. In Part 1 and 2 you learned about God’s higher purpose and what goes around, comes around. Today we will confront our humanity
God will not only fight spiritually for you, but He will also equip you to deal with your difficulties. As you war in the Spirit, enlist the full armor of God as explained in Ephesians 6:14-18a, “Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.”(NIV)
God has given you six pieces of armor to help you in your difficult time:
1) Putting on the belt of truth is believing, asserting, and holding firm to God’s truth and promises. One of the Spirit’s most powerful weapons is
2) Putting on the breastplate of righteousness not only prevents “what goes around comes around,” but it also provides the most fertile ground for the Spirit’s work. Walking out difficult times in righteousness opens the door for God’s full work.
3) Having your feet fitted with readiness from the gospel of peace keeps a Godly atmosphere. You are equipped with peace. The work of God thrives in peace, not chaos.
4) Taking up and going forward with the shield of faith protects you from whatever is “thrown” at you by the evil one. Your hope is also fed by your faith in Jesus Christ.
5) Wearing your helmet of salvation puts everything in perspective. Your salvation makes you a child of God. As God’s child, you are under His protection and covering. Your identity in Christ is secure in Him.
6) Making the sword of the Spirit (Word of God) your offensive weapon allows you to fight
Every one of these six pieces of armor is empowered by prayer!
Put down the weapons of your flesh and engage your difficulties through God’s power and truth. Fully suit up with God’s armor, so that His mighty hand can be shown. 1 Samuel 17:47 “All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and He will give all of you into our hands.” (NIV)
Do you know someone who needs this message on being used by God? If so, sign them up to receive weekly or forward this devotion to them as a blessing for their growth in Christ.