This is a powerful section of Scripture that unlocks how you can be effective and productive in your growth in Christ. Seldom do I talk to a Christian and find them satisfied where they are in their Christian life. Many desire a better understanding of God’s will, other’s seek His purpose for them, while many just feel inadequate in their life in Christ because of the maturity of their faith. This section of Scripture gives five important truths in becoming more effective for Christ:
- Verse 3 says His divine power has given you everything you need for life and Godliness through your knowledge of Jesus! Everything!! If you consistently fellowship with Jesus in Bible reading and prayer, His divine power will be released in your life, because of your increased knowledge. Divine power does not come by
durationof time in the faith, positionof spiritual leadership, or numberof Christian activities, but by consistently seeking the face of Jesus as Psalm 27:8 says, “My heart says of You, "Seek His face !" Your face, LORD, I will seek.” (NIV)
- Verse 4 says that as you come to know Jesus you will come to know His precious promises. The promises of God have power and life. You will experience more of God as His promises resonate in your life.
- Verse 4 goes on to say that as you step by faith into God’s promises you will participate in His divine nature which releases God’s power in your life. You are not to be just a hearer of the Word, but a doer as you believe and step out in faith. Out of hearing, believing, and allowing God to act, you will be empowered to escape your evil desires and the corruption in the world.
- In verses 5-7 you see how your faith sets off a chain of reaction of Godly work in your life that multiplies God’s character in you – goodness, self-control, perseverance, Godliness, brotherly kindness, and love. All these
resultby believing God’s promises and by faith acting on them.
- Verse 8 shows that when these opportunities occur you must persevere to possess them, so God can fully develop them in your life. As these qualities take hold of your life you are allowing God to more fully and effectively work in your life to produce greater measures of effectiveness and productiveness.
Walking in these five truths gives you
Matthew 13:23 “But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” (NIV)
Do you know someone who needs this message on maturity in Christ? If so, forward this devotion to them as a blessing for their growth in Christ.